University and Careers
The University & Careers Education program at Redlands is focused on providing each student with the tools, knowledge and self-awareness to make the best possible decisions about their future post school. We aim to empower students to take responsibility and ownership of their tertiary education.
The University & Careers Education program begins in Year 9 and continues after students have left the school. A wide range of services are offered to students and a wide range of resources are available for students to use or borrow from the University & Careers Office.
Some of the key services offered are:
- Comprehensive career assessment incorporating a feedback interview and follow-up research workbook
- Individual consultations (mandatory in Year 11)
- Regular Year Group Career Meetings
- Resume and Work Experience preparation
- University field trips
- Dedicated careers newsletter
- Guest speakers from universities, industry and alumni
- University (Australia and overseas) applications preparation including test preparation advice, personal statement/essay reviews, scholarship application advice, transcript preparation and management of the reference process
- Gap year and summer programs advice
The University & Careers office works with the Alumni office to host Careers events for current students.