Redlands Scholarship Fund
The Redlands Scholarship Fund was launched in May 2010. As at January 2013 the Fund stands at $1,100,000. The first means-tested full scholarship was offered to a student in 2012.
- It is appropriate for a school community like Redlands to consider those less fortunate than ourselves and give an opportunity for a child from a family not able to afford Redlands fees, to enjoy and benefit from a Redlands education.
- It is important to continue to develop a balance in our student population.
How much is needed?
- $500,000 funds one full scholarship in perpetuity.
- Scholarships cover a student for a full period of enrolment, not for a single year.
- Our aspirational goal is to offer 10 FTE scholarships by 2020.
- 100% of all funds donated go to the Scholarship Fund. The costs of running the Foundation are paid from the school budget.
contributions tax deductible?
- Yes, but this should be confirmed with a financial adviser.
will these funds be invested?
- They will be invested by the Trustees of the Scholarship Fund as prescribed in the Trust Deed. The current Trustees are Michael Jones (Chair), Steve Bellotti, Michael Briggs and Greg Bayles.
will the scholarship be awarded?
- These scholarships are advertised and means tested. The criteria is based on an applicant's academic ability, attitude, ability to contribute to the wider Redlands program of extracurricular activities and the financial circumstances of the applicant's family. As with other existing scholarships, the awarding of a scholarship is decided through a process managed by the Principal, followed by consideration at the Board's Scholarship and Bursary Committee, and then a recommendation to and ratification by the full Board
the scholarship be reviewed annually?
- Yes, as with all Redlands scholarships and bursaries.
is eligible to apply for the scholarship?
- Any secondary school child, who meets the selection criteria.
- The child must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
the recipient be identified?
each scholarship be named?
- This depends upon how the scholarship is gifted and donor's/donors' wishes, contingent also upon Board approval.
can donations be made?
- Through the Redlands Foundation to the Redlands Scholarship Fund
How does this Scholarship Fund differ from an Endowment Fund?
- An Endowment Fund can be used for any purpose; this Scholarship Fund will only be used to support Redlands Scholarships.
Will there be an application fee or administrative fee?
The current Trustees are Michael Jones (Chair), Steve Bellotti, Michael Briggs and Greg Bayles.
For more information, please contact David Day, Director of Development, Redlands Foundation Office.
Please click here to download the Redlands Contribution Form
Please click here to download the Redlands Foundation Scholarship Brochure
Phone: 61 2 9968 9858