The Margaret Roberts Preparatory SchoolRedlands Prep School, a triple stream school for children from Kindergarten to Year 2, provides a vibrant, nurturing and child-centred environment for young learners in which they can learn, laugh, play and explore the world around them.
The students at Prep love coming to school and are challenged to achieve their personal and academic potential. The staff develop programs that are research based and have the best interests of our students in mind. A core aim is to ensure the best foundations are laid for children to become confident, independent and passionate life long learners as well as compassionate and socially aware global citizens.
The love of learning fostered in these years ensures that students move forward into Junior School self-assured, ready and willing to accept new challenges and explore wider horizons.
A Child-Centred, Activity-Based Learning EnvironmentWe believe that children learn most effectively when they can:
- see that their studies are personally relevant
- actively participate in interdisciplinary inquiry based learning
- engage in problem solving activities
- think creatively and critically
- question and test the theories they hold of the world around them
- work co-operatively
- initiate topics of interest
- experiment with real materials
- apply their knowledge to real life situations
- monitor their own progress, enabling them to know the pleasure of accomplishment
Individualised ProgramThe Prep school recognises that each child is special and unique, and each has different strengths, weaknesses and learning styles. Within the classroom, each child is given the opportunity to work at their own level of ability with personalised programs rather than standard workbooks and materials.
In addition, qualified staff give children with special learning needs additional support on a one-to-one basis or in small groups. Programs available include:
- Learning Support in English and Numeracy
- Gifted extension program in English and Maths
- English as a Second Language
- Speech and Occupational Therapy
- Specialist Gross Motor Program